This will select which custom chipset to use for emulation:
- OCS (Original Chip Set): This was the first Chipset, used in the Amiga 1000. It consists of the chips Paula, Agnus, and Denise. With these, you can display graphics in resolutions up to 640x512 and in up to 4096 colors.
- ECS Agnus Uses enhanced Fat Agnus which supplies 1MB of Chip RAM.
- Full ECS (Enhanced Chip Set): This was the next generation of Amiga chipsets. The chip names remained unchanged, except some minor additions like "Fat Agnus". Only Agnus and Denise were changed. Compared to OCS, they provided higher resolutions, but no expansion of the color palette so far.
- AGA (Advanced Graphics Architecture): This is the latest and most advanced chipset. The current generation was created in the labs as AA chipset (for Advanced Amiga), but in some countries it was later marketed as AGA (Advanced Graphics Architecture). Agnus was replaced by Alice and Denise by Lisa. The resolutions now reach up to 1280x512 in VGA scan frequencies. The color palette is now 24 bits or 16.8 million colors. You can display up to 256 colors simultaneously or in HAM mode more than 640,000. Backwards compatibility with Video and OCS modes is assured.
NOTE: AGA modes do not work with 8-bit color depth screen modes!
- ECS Denise Use the new ECS display modes with Denise Chip.
- NTSC Enables US NTSC screen mode (default is PAL).
- Cycle-exact Enables cycle exact chipsets as the real hardware for some games.
- Cycle-exact (DMA/Memory accesses). Enables cycle exact chipsets just for Direct Memory Accesses or normal memory accesses.
- Chipset extra: List of Amiga models to choose to select appropriate chipset automatically.
- Immediate Blitter Does requested blits immediately. The Blitter serves to provide extremely fast, animated graphics that can be designed to be especially realistic.
- Wait for Blitter. Wait for blitter to complete operations.
- Genlock Connected Detects whether a Genlock is connected to PC.
- Genlock emulation mode. Selection of Noise or Test Card with 0-100% emulation.
- Video port display hardware. Selection of Autodetect, A2024, Graffiti, Black Belt systems HAM-E, Newtronic video, Archos AVideo, Impulse Firecracker or Digital Creations DCTV.
- None No collision detection used.
- Sprites Only Collision detection between sprites only enabled.
- Sprites and Sprites vs Playfield Collison detection between Sprites and background graphics.
- Full enables all levels of collision detection.
HINT: Full is not recommended because it causes unnecessary performance loss, and is just very rarely needed.
Help content is under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured EPub generator